Friday, November 27, 2009

2 Days and cccoouunnntttiiinnnggg......

Fridays Event's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKXHP9eNGM8

I got a good night sleep, with both kiddos in my room (yeah go figure). We all woke up at the crack of dawn. I looked out the window and there were white caps on the waves in the ocean. The winds howled all night. I looked at the weather channel website and 30 mph gusts with 15-20 mph sustained. The swim practice was cancelled (as I confirmed latter at the athletes meeting that night) I didn't see anyone swimming for about 30 min, but ran into another athlete staying at the condo. Katie from Utah. We talked about our past experiences and maybe we would swim later on together when the waves and wind died down.

Decided to go for a run but Mindy said lets drive the bike course and I said yeah let's go. We drove the course and I showed her the rest of the island that I experienced the day before on the bike, it wasn't the same, but she got the beauty. I showed her the blow holes from the rocks and waves, the pristine beaches and restaurants that look like time forgot. The roads looked like they were just redone just for us. Drove past the pee-pee stop and got the picture I wanted. Drove into town to get the car fixed. As we drove there Melia feel asleep on Mindy and they looked so at peace. I just watched them together, what a blessed life I have, Troy was enjoying the wind and views. I took them through the route i took on the bike and drove right by Burger King, really??? We drove back to condos and everyone was up and decided to go to Las Palmeras for breakfast in town. I needed to run so I told them I would run to the restaurant and I would see them there.

So I sent off on my run into town. What an experience, my legs felt great I had to hold back, I had my ipod and the ocean to my left and the wind of anticipation on my face (it was pretty strong in some spots =) ) As I was experiencing the city on foot, I came across city hall and the finish line. I stopped and looked down the fenced in area and the grandstands they are building. Damn Dave, this is where your miracle will culminate as I thought to myself. Started my run again and had the waves crash on the side of the sea wall and spray me, came to a point just across from the restaurant were two statues of theses huge eagles at least 10 feet tall were looking in at the city. I walked and stood between them and just took a moment too soak it up. Run total was around 5.5 miles. At the restaurant they had an egg white omelet with some bread, OH JOY!!!! I devoured that thing and we walked to the expo, AND right past a Starbucks, damn this day kept getting better and better. Its the small things we miss. I didn't get a drink because I was already hot and had a tired child riding on m y head. Walked past the bike mechanic and it costs $25 to do just a cleaning and small adjustment, really??? But there is an Ironman poster right beside him I will try to buy from him after the race, I will see how that goes.


At Expo checked my chip and was told I had to come back at 4 to get my bags to put my gear in. Came back to the house by taxi and took a nap with my son, that was great, my body needed it. Woke up and was waiting on the car to go to the course meeting, so I decided to read some letters from you guys, man I love all ya'll with the support you have given me. Jumping ahead i drove the run course and its lined with palm trees the whole way, so I will envision everyone on either side of me cheering me on, all of your positive energy will push me harder. Drive to the expo and drop of g-daddy and liggett to catch a ferry. Get there and there are close to 2,000 athletes there, DAMN! I go and get my bags first and they give me a back pack with our bags in there, SWEET! Go to the meeting and hear the course and rule overview. Same stuff as the packet stated. BUT the changed the swim course due to the currents, the shortened the swim into it by 200 meters and added it to the end, so they really just moved it, the crowd cheered when they said this, funny. They will also do another swim tomorrow, this was good since I didn't get my swim in today. There was a pasta dinner after I tried to find but didn't so I went to Mega (kinda like a walmart) and got some stuff to make dinner, was interesting shopping there. Meet someone from Houston, he said he was worried about the swim, seemed to be a theme here. Drove the run course and came back to condo. Going to read a few more letters/notes and hit the bed. Gonna try to call a few people tomorrow since I think we have free international calling.

Gonna swim, bike and run a little tomorrow, just to keep muscle warm and then stretch. Its kind of funny, I am not nervous, I am calm and ready to go. Afterwards gonna take it easy, yes I said I will take it easy, i don't say it too often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment