Monday, November 23, 2009

5 days and counting....

5 freaking days until I become an Ironman!









The time just flew by, now its time to get on the plane in the morning, ummm really early in the morning. We leave at 6am on Wed. Yes the kids are going and that's is going to be an adventure in itself to get them up. Today was errand day, and I got to have breakfast with Lindsey and my wife, what a treat. Lindsey did her Ironman in Arizona and did the race in 11:49:34 a very respectable time and I was so proud of her and still am. She gave me the low down on what to expect and me and Mindy listened with huge open ears. Ha at one point we were all crying at the table I am sure people were wondering what they hell was wrong with us.
Me and Mindy are on high emotions now, and just thinking about the race we get teary eyed. This race is going to test me in my mental toughness and physically as well. I know that I am going to push harder and longer than I have ever done, and you know what. I AM READY! I have put in the miles, and I have grown through this journey mentally the most. All the experiences that I have gone through have lead me up to this point, all the trials, accomplishments, bad experiences, awesome support, and yes some people who want me not to succeed. I thank you all for making me, well me. As i was getting ready today I realized I went to the spots there were going to give me the most energy, Hill Country Running (Thanks Jamie and Andrea for all you help and support, you guys rock!), my chiro Dr. Laura Whipple, who started to train with me this year and did her first triathlon so she could understand the body in motion more. Matt, we went to see The Blind Side together. Matt will not be there physically with me but I know that man will be screaming,"AND THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE, HE BROUGHT IT TO IRONMAN" when I finish. Me and Matt will hopefully be doing the Austin Marathon together, mine in Austin his in Afghanistan.











I can not wait to have my family see what I can do, I want to look into my kids eyes and say, Troy Melia, your daddy is an Ironman and you guys helped me become one! Yes guys I have the pictures to put on my bike so you all will be with me on the bike. Me and April (my life coach) have come up with a mental "bag" so when it gets hard I can rely on this energy to push me on.
"I am the worlds greatest!" I believe this and now I get to prove it on Sunday. Bike is boxed, up bags are packed thanks to my wonderful wife's hard work. If I have the strenght I will do something at the finish line that this is the start, rebirth of something great, yes greatness. I believe in myself, I am creating my miracle, I am inspiring, I am a Hero, I am a daddy, husband, and a great friend. In 5 days I will be and Ironman!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you will! You will be amazing....so proud of you and can't wait to see you cross that finish line!! Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete