Friday, November 20, 2009

9 Days and counting......

As I start this post I am warning anyone who reads that this will be very random as I try to recall some of the memories from the past year, so bare with me.

On Thursday Nov 19th I sat down with my life coach April. Now me and April started doing Training sessions together at the gym, and after every session we had I felt like I learned more than she did. But yes she still got a good workout. She helped me understand me better, now I wont got into to much detail because that would take too long. She introduced me to a move called, Peaceful Warrior. This move helped me on my journey of self understanding and what I actually do when I teach a class or a training session. To the point, as we talked I understood that I now see people in a different way. I see all the possibility inside someone, and I help to bring that out. As we went on I now know why I have been so emotional, like crying like a school girl to Miley Cyrus :). What I am feeling is an overwhelming presence of all the positive energy that is flowing my way from all my family and friends. April painted the picture best when she described a gauntlet of love, then I pictured it. As I race I know all of you guys will be there on the sidelines cheering me on with your love and positive thoughts, so once again thank you. Thank you April for guiding on this incredible journey.

My main two women in my life. As i have watched my daughter grow, I have learned several things. The main thing is that she has been nothing like my son. Meaning, no she still hasn't walked yet but she is learning really quickly. Her temper tantrums are second to none and she is only 14 months. She had three molars break through one day and she woke up pissed off. I mean I was very impressed at how pissed she was, matter of fact I was very proud of it.




But bless her heart she would be fine. She will be harder to take the binky from than Troy. And as you can see I can't do her hair to save my life, not yet I am learning. Thanks Miss. Sarah for always doing her hair. Thant girl loves to shake her booty, the other day at the indoor soccer place she was by the way. She is just tall enough to see over the wall at the players and Mindy was playing. They had some music on and she was just wagging that booty around like nothing, damn I am in trouble!!! I love my daughter and I love to take her on dates. I want her to know now how she should be treated by a man, so she can always have an example of how a lady should be treated. She melts my heart when she does certain things: says "dada", smile and tilt her head, does a fast crawl from me because she knows I am going to tickle her (That was our first interaction when she was younger), dance, lean her head on when she is tired, and snuggle anything soft. I LOVE YOU MELIA!!



Ah my dude, how I love you Troy!! What another fabulous year we had. Troy did his first race at the Lonestar Triathlon, and yes we finished dead last! But he ran pretty mush the whole course, and he made us so proud. You know the thing that made him sprint that last turn was sponge bob waiting for him. Now he loves to go to the track to "train for his race". He does about 3 laps on his long days :). His 3rd birthday party was at Chuck E Cheese, man we had like 20 kids, Mr. Popular!! He had an awesome dora and diego cake. He started swimming on his own this summer thanks to Miss Shan, thanks girl!! He loves to drink his pure sport because its good for his body at least that what he says.



The best quote from him,"Hey guys I have an idea, you guys go work hard to get money and you can just give it to me", this was said to me and Mindy as we were trying to talk to him about money. Then he goes,"Naw I was just kidding". Troys favorite songs: Party in the U.S.C (yes i know it is USA but he doesn't), Life is a Highway, Real Gone (both from the movie Cars), Sad Sad City, I have a Feeling, Boom Boom Pow. Troy has always been to the races that I do and he always tells me I did great, and I "rocked it!!!". Troy I have one more race this year to show you what daddy is capable of, I am very happy that you and Melia and Mommy will be there in Cozumel.


Matt Harmatuk, this guy, this guy. Let me tell you about this guy, he is truly a hero. Matt and I have been racing against each other for a couple of years now. As we raced each gear, bar bag, suit, bike he got was to beat me. His bike is named you guessed it, "The Garza Beater". My son had been talking trash to him since he has been able to talk by saying,"Bring it Matt" This is where the term originally started. Matt and I have become very close friends and this year I was lucky enough to see him and his wonderful bride Ally get hitched. Great wedding! Me and Matt had signed up for Cozumel together, so all the training we were doing was for this big race. He even invited me over to do a tri seminar for the APD. Sad to say Matt will not physically be there in Cozumel with me, he has been called away for military duty to fight for our country, for that Matt you are my hero. Come back safely please! You will be with me during the whole race. I am happy to say he will be doing the Florida Ironman race with me Lindsey, and Lilly next year. Congrats on finishing the Texas Tri Series again with me and I was happy to get your award for you. At that party they had a slide show, Dan (the organizer) told me he had to consciously take out pictures because I was in almost all of them, I died laughing! Matt, I Love you man!!! Be safe and you will be missed




Ah Coach Craig, I am very fortunate to have this guy in my corner. Craig has introduced me to Brendan Hansen (who showed his gold medal from Japan to Troy when we visited his house), Travis and Neil Walker. Neil and Craig started out coaching me then Neil and April moved out of state. Craig has turned me into a swimmer. He spent all summer working with me and Lindsey and reinventing our swim stroke. There were days I could not swim because I was laughing so hard, other days I could barley breathe from the workouts. All year he came up with workouts to help me and Lindsey out. Thanks Craig, now you have to get us ready for Florida Ironman in November 2010. (yeah, already signed up for another ironman before doing my first one) Craig did his first triathlon at the dilloman this year, the weather was as crappy as it could be. If you see him ask about the baby pool incident. He finished 6th overall, congrats my friend!



Blake and Lilly, man what can I say. They completed the Texas Tri Series this year, and their kids did their first tri ever. We both did the plugerville tri on fathers day along with Lindsey. Such a great race. I am happy to say Lilly will be doing her first Ironman next year!! And Lilly was in the Nov issue of Austin Fit, what a turn around!!



So who can forget that Life Time got a Premier team together for the Silicon Marathon Relay,

and we kicked some serious booty! We got fourth in the Premier group. Next year we will win it, Thanks Jill for getting us that. We had VIP treatment and we all had PR's during the race. Great job all, and good job on Tearson getting in Nov issue of Austin Fit magazine as well.

This year we have added a new member to our family, Ashley. At least that's what we tell everyone because we feel like we have adopted her into our family. She and Troy have a huge bond and he loves to play with her. Ashley has helped us out with taking care of the kids and in turn we helped her do her first tri (skeets greets), and she just completed her second? half marathon. We are very proud of you, Ashley you are a amazing young woman. Ashley we do consider you a part of this family and are happy to be in your life as well, we love you!





So a few random thoughts that happened this year. I was asked to be in a Ab video. So I accepted, the video is called Austin Ab's. Me and three other trainers got together and put a killer routine together. It was soo much fun to get the chance to do that. Pure Sport and Lululemon was sponsors of the video shoot and clothes. It was interesting to see what all went in to making a exercise video. I hope it comes out when they expected it to around Christmas. Don't know because the producer just had a beautiful baby girl congrats Mo!!

As i am getting small things taking take of before I leave, one Saturday I went to Jack and Adams Bike shop and there was Blake, Lilly and Sally (one of my up and coming athletes) there. Sally said something funny,"Seem like Dave has been influencing a few people" I answered, I hope so :) Saturday I am headed on my last longish workout before we head to Mexico on wed. Testing out the race tires, got them fixed, and running a few miles. Talked to Lindsey today, she is in Arizona getting ready for her race on Sunday. Just remember Lindsey you wont have hills like Jester St seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment